A course of pure mathematics (1921)

fullscreen
Author: Hardy, G. H. (Godfrey Harold), 1877-1947
Subject: Calculus; Functions
Publisher: Cambridge, At the University Press
Digitizing sponsor: University of California Libraries
Book contributor: University of California Libraries
Collection: cdl; americana

Average Rating: 4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: JohnDenverLuis - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - April 23, 2013
Subject: Admin Note
you can download the ebook here --> http://tinyurl.com/download2453

you can download the ebook here --> http://tinyurl.com/download2453

you can download the ebook here --> http://tinyurl.com/download2453

you can download the ebook here --> http://tinyurl.com/download2453

you can download the ebook here --> http://tinyurl.com/download2453

Reviewer: weewawa - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - July 8, 2012
Subject: a

Reviewer: Pure mathematics - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - June 13, 2012
Subject: Quite the course
Despite its age (or perhaps because of it), it has proven to be the most helpful introduction to the subject I know. A little basic, but a great calc II textbook!

Reviewer: raguks - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - November 26, 2009
Subject: An interesting read
This is a good transit bus read for those with some background in mathematics. This helped me better understand what complex numbers really are and what they are not. For example complex numbers are not really "numbers" in the same sense as 'integers'. I wish some of the explanations were bit more clear. It takes several reads to understand some concepts. In summary, this need not be just a Textbook. This is a good read to understand mathematics.

Reviewer: M_Drieux - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - September 22, 2007
Subject: Pure maths, indeed!
I came late to Hardy's book, and wish I had been able to use this as my first year text instead of Apostol's. If you have a *good* understanding of the preliminary work required in algebra and geometry-- roughly that of what's taught at the junior college level; a sad thing to say that this level is beyond what most get in 'high' school these days-- then Hardy can be read directly, and with pleasure. If you need to get the prelims in, and have a desire to actually understand the basis of what is presented in most first-year calculus texts, then I can do no better than to suggest Hardy's text.

For grad students, Hardy is a great single volume refresher for further work in analysis and more advanced algebra, including number theory. Not quite as modern as Birkhoff and Mac Lane's text, or Manes' work, but this is the underpinnings of both works.

All in all, a real crackerjack text on the fundamentals of analysis.

Reviewer: Benny Hill fan - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - September 6, 2007
Subject: Thourough
Hardy is one of the pioneers, and alot can be learned from this treatise. Give it a try!

Selected metadata

Identifier: coursepuremath00hardrich
Copyright-evidence-operator: scanner-julie-l
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by scanner-julie-l for item coursepuremath00hardrich on Mar 20, 2006; no visible copyright symbol and date found; stated date is 1921; the country of the source library is the United States; not published by the US government.
Copyright-evidence-date: 2006-03-20 20:39:09
Scanningcenter: rich
Mediatype: texts
Operator: scanner-dave-lee
Scanner: rich5